[csw-maintainers] bug 3034 separate server and user command line binaries

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri May 15 19:14:27 CEST 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 11:10:02PM -0500, Mike Watters wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have to recompile subversion to fix an issue with ap2_subversion.
> I want to include this bug in the re-package.
>
> which binaries constitute server vs client?
>
> Can I get some confirmation on this before I split it up.
> I believe it should be as follows:

there's also the issue of:

'when people say "install subversion"', are they most likely looking for
the server, or are they most likely looking for the client?

Personally, I would think they'd most likely be looking for the client.

also, I thought the existing package set already had some kind of
command-line local-only-stuff
package, that skipped all the server stuff?

So, that reinforces what I'm saying, that rather than split off
a separate "client" package, you should consider splitting off some kind of
"core-server" package, that ap2_subversion would then depend on?