[csw-maintainers] Offer to maintain swig

John Ellson ellson at opencsw.org
Tue May 19 18:56:18 CEST 2009

Peter Bonivart wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 5:44 PM, John Ellson <ellson at opencsw.org> wrote:
>
>>       [strip] complete for swig.
>>       [install] complete for swig.
>>       [package] complete for swig.
>>
>> ----------------------
>>
>> but there is nothing in $HOME/newpkgs/swig/
>>

> Try "svn pg svn:externals" and check that you use GAR v2, otherwise
> all new features don't work. It should be default if this is a new
> package but if it's an older you're updating you probably have v1.

That was it.

I tried following the wiki to change to v2:
    svn propset svn:externals "gar
https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/gar/v2" .

but that wasn't sufficient.   I also had to replace the softlink:
    rm gar
    ln -s ../../../gar/v2 gar

Perhaps this was just because I didn't commit the propset change yet?

Anyway, now I have a package:

~/newpkgs/swig/swig-1.3.39,REV=2009.05.19-SunOS5.8-sparc-UNCOMMITTED.pkg.gz

Just waiting on an OK to assume this maintainership....

John