[csw-maintainers] Package "swig" in testing

John Ellson ellson at opencsw.org
Wed May 20 15:05:41 CEST 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Am 19.05.2009 um 22:31 schrieb John Ellson:
>> There is an updated package:
>>
>>   "swig: A scripting interface generator for C/C++ code."
>>
>> now available in testing.
>> This is an update to swig-1.3.39, and also a conversion to mgar v2.
>>
>> This is my second package, so a review of my mgar/pkg/swig/ tree in
>> svn would be appreciated.
>>
>> Your feedback please.
>
> Fine package :-) However, there is no need leave in commented
> code unless you want to re-add it very soon as everything is
> versioned:
>
> <http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/log/csw/mgar/pkg/swig/trunk/Makefile>

Mostly done.  Also removed unused files/*

> One little comment: post-install is now called post-install-modulated,
> as it
> should be called for every modulation and DESTDIR is not set properly in
> post-install.
I need a little help here.  I don't really understand what this was
doing in the
old swig package (before I commented it out), or if it is still needed?

#post-install: install-swig-doc
#
#install-swig-doc:
#       @mkdir -p $(DESTDIR)$(docdir)/$(GARNAME)
#       @cp -R $(WORKSRC)/Doc $(DESTDIR)$(docdir)/$(GARNAME)
#       @cp -R $(WORKSRC)/Examples $(DESTDIR)$(docdir)/$(GARNAME)
#       @$(MAKECOOKIE)
#       $(DONADA)

If its needed, could someone provide me with the basic code?

Related to this,  how do I find out what files are installed by a package?

There is no "man pkg-get"  and "pkg-get --help" is just about useless!

John