[csw-maintainers] Packaged CSWmailx. How to obsolete CSWnail?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Thu May 21 23:16:52 CEST 2009

Hi Joerg,

Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
>
>> i packaged mailx that was formerly known as nail (CSWnail). Now how
>> would we go about obsoleting CSWnail? Just drop it from the catalog, let
>> CSWnail become an empty package that pulls in CSWmailx and somehow
>> deletes CSWnail, or is there another preferred (proven) way of doing
>> things like this?
>
> Don't omit the name "nail" from the bin directory. It helps to select this
> right binary.

Phil also noted it, so i guess i could add a nail symlink (pointing to
mailx) to the package. What exactly do you mean by "select this right
binary"?

> BTW: Was there a bug fix for the old and nasty problem that causes to let "nail"
> to hang with 50% probability via imaps when the Subject or the mail body is
> empty?

I mostly use mailx non-interactive (for scripting) and am neither aware
of the issue nor of a fix. However, i put the new package in testing, so
if you have been experiencing the issue, feel free to give the new
package a spin.

  http://mirror.opencsw.org/testing.html

Sebastian