[csw-maintainers] sun studio in standard path within /opt/csw, for the sake of python setuptools

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Sat May 23 03:09:34 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 03:03, Mike Watters <mwatters at opencsw.org> wrote:

> rupert THURNER wrote:

>>> ??
>>>
>>> why is that a problem?
>>>

>>> hm. it appears from the newsgroup reference, that you are specifically
>>> complaining, that python has somehow hardcoded in its configs,
>>> CC=/full/path/to/cc
>>> instead of a nice simple
>>>
>>> CC=cc
>>
>> the "problem" if you want to call it like this is that easy_install
>> uses the settings out of the python compilation makefile as default.
>> it would be nicer if the default, i.e. the way python is compiled,
>> uses a compiler within /opt/csw to make it easy to duplicate it on a
>> opencsw client site, where other paths outside /opt/csw are not
>> necessarily writable.
>>
>> i do not know why genshi, and mercurial need the LD_LIBRARY_PATH set
>> to /opt/csw/lib to be easy_installed at our site though.
>>
>> rupert.
>
> Technically, this could/should be resolved by requesting CSW builds of those
> extensions.  I have already got a genshi package in the works because I have
> been playing with Trac,  all I have to do is a couple tweaks to the build and
> do a final commit.  I am running it on my test Trac server and it works great.
>  ;)  I will finish it up next week.

that is great to hear! i even would appreciate if the most important
plugins make it into trac as well (not enabled by default), e.g.

easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/tracwysiwygplugin/0.11/
easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/ticketdeleteplugin/0.11/
easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/ticketchangeplugin/0.11/
easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/customfieldadminplugin/0.11/
easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/tagsplugin/tags/0.6/
easy_install http://svn.ipd.uka.de/repos/javaparty/JP/trac/plugins/tracnav-0.11/
easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/sectioneditplugin/0.11/
easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/extracturlplugin/0.11/
easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/serversideredirectplugin/0.11/
easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/masterticketsplugin/0.11/
easy_install http://trac-hacks.org/svn/autoupgradeplugin/0.11/

but, otoh, one can never package all python apps, so a possibility to
quickly compile them with a default setting would be really nice :)

rupert.