[csw-maintainers] sun studio in standard path within /opt/csw, for the sake of python setuptools

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat May 23 19:12:01 CEST 2009

Excerpts from rupert THURNER's message of Fri May 22 16:12:37 -0400 2009:
> one has to set CC, LDSHARED, LDFLAGS, and for some like genshi
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH (/otp/csw) to make easy_install work. would it be
> possible to link/mount sunstudio within /opt/csw especially for python
> compiles?

With regard to the CC vs /opt/studio issue, could we solve this by
having GAR prefix the PATH with the appropriate
$($(GARCOMPILER)_CC_HOME)/bin and then set CC appropriately without
the full path?  Doing this would make things (like python, ruby, etc)
that store the values used to build them work against an appropriately
set path at any site...Am I overlooking a negative impact that would
be caused by a change like this?

I don't have much input for the other issues and it seems that Mike
and Phil have provided some useful starting points.

Thanks

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.