[csw-maintainers] new class scripts

Mike Watters mwatters at opencsw.org
Wed May 27 23:33:23 CEST 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Am 27.05.2009 um 20:01 schrieb Peter Bonivart:
>> On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Mike Watters <mwatters at opencsw.org>
>> wrote:
>>> They are checked into subversion under the python package
>>>
>>> http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/python/trunk/files/i.pycompile
>>>
>>> http://apps.sourceforge.net/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/python/trunk/files/r.pycompile
>>>

>>> Addition to the README.CSW
>>> ===========================
>>>
>>> - - pycompile
>>>  This class takes care of creating/removing python's normal and
>>> optimized
>>>  bytecode files.  Set all *.py files' class = pycompile to activate.
>>> Example:
>>> # use prototype filters to set the class
>>> PROTOTYPE_FILTER = awk '$$3 ~/.*\.py$$/ { $$2 = "pycompile" } { print }'
>>
>> I'll add them tomorrow, thanks for the readme text. I updated the wiki
>> page with it to start with, feel free to add/edit.
>>
>> http://wiki.opencsw.org/cswclassutils-package
>
> Cool stuff. Just in time when I want to release xcbproto :-)
>

> Best regards
>
>   -- Dago

Dago,

if you give it a couple days, I will have the python 2.6.2 version released.
I am just waiting on the classutils.  I have tested and retested python with
this recipe, and the utils.  I just want one clean test with the classutils
package rather then me just copying the class scripts in place.

all the python stuff will have a bug once the new packages are released.  I
split python into core, runtime, devel, idle and tk. dependencies should be
linked to python_rt if linking against libpython.so.X

- --

Thanks,
Mike

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent.  It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage --
to move in the opposite direction."

* Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955
    US German-born Theoretical Physicist