[csw-maintainers] mysql-5.0.84 in testing (a garified package)

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 5 18:30:03 CET 2009

I'm working on the MySQL-5.0.x package.  I've reached a stage at which
it can be installed and runs, as far as my testing has shown.  It
still has some rough edges, but it's usable.

The package is reworked from the ground up. It contains different
binary layout, and different ISAs support. Previously, there were
pentium-specific x86 binaries. The new packages conform to our x86 +
amd64 standard.

I tried the new packages to be similar to the old ones, but some
differences were inevitable.

I still have things on my TODO list before the package is complete,
but I decided to release it at its current state, so that feedback
could be provided.