[csw-maintainers] mysql-5.0.84 in testing (a garified package)

Ihsan Dogan ihsan at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 5 22:25:50 CET 2009

Hello Maciej,

Am 5.11.2009 18:30 Uhr, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski schrieb:

> I still have things on my TODO list before the package is complete,
> but I decided to release it at its current state, so that feedback
> could be provided.

The script /opt/csw/mysql5/share/mysql/quick_start-csw should mention
OpenCSW instead Denis' company. Same applies for
/opt/csw/mysql5/share/mysql/doc/README.CSW .

The init script tries to create the pid file in /opt/csw/mysql5/var. I
think this should be either changed to $MYSQLD_DATADIR/mysql.pid.

But besides that, it seems to work fine. :-)

I'm wondering if it makes sense to build an optimized Solaris 10 binary
with the optimisations mentioned on
http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/mysql_perf_tune.html .

Ihsan

--