[csw-maintainers] Packages with private /opt/csw/foo directory

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Nov 7 00:43:26 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Fri Nov 06 15:44:01 -0500 2009:
>
>> Do you think it's better to keep the symlink or to remove it? I'm
>> inclined to do the latter.
>
> I'd keep it.  Somebody, somewhere, has a script that doesn't include
> /opt/csw/mysql5/bin in the PATH and relies on finding those symlinks.

I think we are talking about different symlinks.  The symlinks I'm
thinking of removing is:

/opt/csw/lib/mysql --> /opt/csw/mysql5/lib/mysql

I can hardly see any use for it.  It's not a symlink for binaries,
only libraries.

The symlinks to binaries, such as /opt/csw/bin/mysql -->
/opt/csw/mysql5/bin/mysql, don't exist in the current package. I'm
planning on including them in the new version of the package.