[csw-maintainers] mysql-5.0.84 in testing (a garified package)

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 8 19:23:06 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Ihsan Dogan <ihsan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hello Maciej,
>
> Am 7.11.2009 17:47 Uhr, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski schrieb:
>
>>> The init script tries to create the pid file in /opt/csw/mysql5/var. I
>>> think this should be either changed to $MYSQLD_DATADIR/mysql.pid.
>> I think I fixed it.  Can you check?  Updates packages are in testing/.
>
> I just installed it and it works out of the box.
>
> mysql5test requires Perl, but it's not a dependency of mysql5test.

Added: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/7159

I'll wait a day or two before I update the packages in case there are
more changes to make.

Are there any other comments?

Sebastian mentioned someone who was interested in collaborating on the
MySQL package.  I got us up to the point where we get something which
passes the smoke test: we can install the package and it doesn't blow
right after installation.  That's a nice start, but it might still be
a long way to go.  I think the main current issue is getting the tests
to pass.

Do you think that it's worth working on the 5.0.x tests, or should we
skip releasing 5.0.x and move on to 5.1 already?