[csw-maintainers] Library problems with gnome apps

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Sun Nov 8 23:09:01 CET 2009

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

>I also remember this [firefox problem], but only found this post in my
>mailbox. It may or may not be related to your problem, but you should
>check the bound libraries with ldd on the running process that no /opt/csw
>stuff is bound.

> [...]

>Yes. Basically as the scheme we intended of unifying didn't work out
>we went the other way round: Splitting bdb as separate as possible by
>confining each release to a specific subdir and only linking stuff
>to /opt/csw/lib when required by old apps not yet updated. If you update
>bdb it should do no harm to your old sendmail.

> [...]

>Yes, you missed that one, it [dbus] was fixed by William two month ago:

> [...]

Dago:

Thanks you very much for all the great information.  I will take a closer
look at the firefox problem and see if I can come up with any more specific
answers regarding the libraries.

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040