[csw-maintainers] mysql-5.0.84 in testing (a garified package)

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 8 23:58:56 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Ihsan Dogan <ihsan at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Am 8.11.2009 19:23 Uhr, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski schrieb:
>> Sebastian mentioned someone who was interested in collaborating on the
>> MySQL package.  I got us up to the point where we get something which
>> passes the smoke test: we can install the package and it doesn't blow
>> right after installation.  That's a nice start, but it might still be
>> a long way to go.  I think the main current issue is getting the tests
>> to pass.
>
> What do you mean with "it doesn't blow right after installation"?

Um, I meant "blow up".  I meant that the package works after you
install it and start up the database.

>> Do you think that it's worth working on the 5.0.x tests, or should we
>> skip releasing 5.0.x and move on to 5.1 already?
>
> This package is an updated version of that, what we have already in our
> repository. I would release it and then concentrate on 5.1.

We didn't make the tests pass with the 5.0.x.  We don't know if the
5.0.51,REV=2008.01.20 was passing the tests.  If it wasn't, releasing
my 5.0.84 would not mean any degradation in the QA of the package.  If
it was, it would be nice to know what was done to make the tests pass.
 I don't know if it makes sense to invest time in 5.0.x. tests if
we're going to move on to 5.1 soon.