[csw-maintainers] pysvn and the other pysvn

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 10 14:49:33 CET 2009

* Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
> > <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> An idea for the change... from the perspective of the operating
> >> system, it won't be really a rename, there is still going to be a
> >> CSWpysvn package, only with a different content.
> >

> > you say "only", but that is what makes it WORSE! :-/
>
> Not necessarily. We ship library packages with multiple libraries in
> them. We potentially could ship both subversion-core and pysvn
> libraries in the same package. No renaming, but merging
> python-subversion libraries. It's a problem equivalent to the shared
> library problem, which is solved already.
>
> > I have said the order and timeline of what I think is the best path to take.
> > That still stands.
>
> Your timeline means that submitpkg won't be able to generate
> changelists for $time_to_build_new_subversion_packages + one month.
> I'd like to operate quicker than that. Any problems with this
> approach?

Any progress on the "new subversion/trac packages" front? I have had
internal requests for 1.6.6 (quite a bit of bugfixes [1] from our
current/ 1.6.2) and saw that a 1.6.5 build recipe with the adjusted
python bindings package name is already in GAR.

Sebastian

[1] http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/CHANGES