[csw-maintainers] Issues with generated prototype+spaces in paths

Trygve Laugstøl trygvis at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 15 18:35:41 CET 2009

Howdy

Is there any magic in GAR to handle paths with spaces? [1]. I have a
package (pcb) that I'm trying to complete that include a library of
components that have spaces in them. pkgmk actually core dumped on these
lines:

f none /opt/csw/share/pcb/pcblib-newlib/connector/single-ended
SCSI.fp=/home/trygvis/dev/org.opencsw/mgar/pkg/pcb/trunk/work/pkgroot/opt/csw/share/pcb/pcblib-newlib/connector/single-ended
root bin trygvis other
f none /opt/csw/share/pcb/pcblib-newlib/connector/single-ended
SCSI.png=/home/trygvis/dev/org.opencsw/mgar/pkg/pcb/trunk/work/pkgroot/opt/csw/share/pcb/pcblib-newlib/connector/single-ended
root bin trygvis other

When I excluded those paths with EXTRA_MERGE_EXCLUDE_FILES, it choked on
  these:

f none /opt/csw/share/pcb/pcblib-newlib/generic/1 MHz root bin OSC.fp
0644 trygvis other

So, I wonder. Why does the prototype generator include a real path to
some of the files, and is it a bug that it doesn't escape the paths with
spaces?

I'll try to build it with with an exclusion on all paths with spaces to
see if that'll fix it.

[1]: Is this at all possible with the pkg* tools?

--
Trygve