[csw-maintainers] User requests symlinking from /usr/bin to /opt/csw/bin

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 18 14:34:00 CET 2009

Hi,

Am 18.11.2009 um 12:20 schrieb James Lee:
> On 18/11/09, 09:06:01, Maciej "(Matchek)" Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org
> >
> wrote regarding [csw-maintainers] User requests symlinking from /usr/
> bin
> /opt/csw/bin:
>
>> There's a user request to create symlinks from /usr/bin to
>> /opt/csw/bin, for instance, /usr/bin/lpr --> /opt/csw/bin/lpr.
>
> I think it's not good.
>
> It will fail in a zone with global /usr.

It is a purely optional package that depends on cups and its whole
purpose
is to replace the SysV-lp system. Nothing more. If you don't want the
system replaced you don't install this package. We may choose a slightly
modifed prefix like
   CSWScups (CSW Solaris cups)
or something to mark that it doesn't install in /opt/csw but replaced
Solaris core functionality.