[csw-maintainers] nspr in testing/

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 19 10:02:26 CET 2009

I've seen that William has done some work on the nspr library
(netscape portable runtime).  I know that Firefox needs it, so I'm not
sure how is William currently compiling Firefox.  I thought it would
be good to have nspr as a separate library, in case someone wants to
build a package with nspr as a dependency, such as Evolution,
xulrunner, NSS (Mozilla's Network Security Services library), etc.

I did some changes to the Makefile which was in the repository.  I
took out the --with-dist-prefix and --with-dist-bindir options.  I
assumed that William worked with only Firefox in mind, I want to have
a regular system library.

The library has been built with 32 and 64-bit support.  It's currently
in testing/.