[csw-maintainers] not displaying the license during install

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Fri Nov 20 18:12:36 CET 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Darin,
>
> Am 20.11.2009 um 17:07 schrieb Darin Perusich:
>> not displaying the license during install
>> What is the procedure for this and is it documented anywhere?
>
> The notice displayed on install is in the package at
>   install/copyright
> The real license should be in
>   /opt/csw/share/doc/<catalogname>/license

Yes, but when you use 'createpkg' and the prototype doesn't contain 'i
copyright' it exists and tells you to add it. I'm going to assume people
getting around this by including 'i copyright' in their prototypes which
has a blurp about where to see the full license or bypassing 'createpkg'
all together.

I don't have a problem using either of these methods, I'm simply looking
for a little guidance on what might be considered the best practice for
accomplishing this.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator