[csw-maintainers] nspr in testing/

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Nov 22 22:28:06 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 2:26 PM, William Bonnet <wbonnet at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Thanks for working on this.  Actually it is need for evolution which depends
> on firefox only for this runtime.

Right, I've seen the nss libraries in the Firefox package.  Packages
for Linux distributions also include the nss.pc file, which isn't
there in the Firefox package.  Interestingly, it's also not in the
separate NSS source, distributions create custom nss.pc to allow other
programs to compile.  Debian also creates custom nss-config.

> It was a very first version. You can modify everything you need. I stopped
> working on this some month ago. It seems to me that this runtime will be
> useful for application like evolution xulrunner, etc. but i am not sure i'll
> be able to use it for FF, SM or TB. Versions are different, and they need
> the associated NSPR which is currently provided with the package.

I see.  I would be curious to see how is the Firefox-bundled NSS
compiled.  I'm banging my head against shlibsign which won't be nice
load shared objects.