[csw-maintainers] Replacing existing Solaris functionality by OpenCSW packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Tue Nov 24 17:32:19 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

> As there is a "install all" option in pkg-get which is used it
> is adviseable to not install these replacemenet-packages by
> default. This may be accomplished by one of the following
> solutions:
>
> - Different [SVR4 pkg] prefix
>
> The addons would be named CSWX... to mark that they are Xtra
> to install.
>
> - Different catalog
>
> The extra packages may be put in a separate catalog.

Or by other methods.

Such as defining additional standard global configs to go in csw.conf

"replace_sun_pkgs=yes"
or some such?

Then a postinstall script could check for that, and
rename/disable/replace/whatever as appropriate.

I suppose we might even support different values.

replace_sun_pkgs={replace,rename,???}

(where one could mean simple "mv old binaries to .old", and another
might be "actually put in symlink to our binaries, and yet another
could mean "pkgrm conflicting")