[csw-maintainers] package updates for gnulink support

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Nov 28 02:20:14 CET 2009

Hi All,

Would those of you responsible for the following packages please
reroll them so that they provide their own gnulinks? (eg:
/opt/csw/gnu/patch -> /opt/csw/bin/gpatch).

CSWbinutils
CSWbison
CSWdiffutils
CSWfindutils
CSWgawk
CSWggetopt
CSWggettext
CSWggettextrt
CSWggrep
CSWgm4
CSWgmake
CSWgpatch
CSWgsed
CSWgtar
CSWgwhois

If it's appropriate, I can file a packaging bug against each of these
to track the progress...?

I've re-factored the GAR recipe for CSWgnulinks so that I can drop
links from it easily, package by package.  If you let me know when
you've updated your package, I'll make a gnulinks update to coincide
with its release.

This work is part of what I'm doing with the coreutils[1] package, which
is coming along quite nicely.

Thanks
-Ben

[1] coreutils will provide its own gnulinks too.  When the dust
    settles, there shouldn't be dangling symlinks in /opt/csw/gnu due
    to packages that aren't installed.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.