[csw-maintainers] not displaying the license during install

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Nov 28 14:31:39 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 1:59 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>> And, yes, using GAR is the best practice for this. With the sabbatical
>> of Mike we have another excellent example why it is a good idea to have
>> a central repository with standardized build recipes. It allowed
>> Maciej to take over sudo in no time.
>>

> bad example :-)

I'm not sure what makes you smile.  If you want precise language, I
was able to fix a bug in no time, and start maintaining my own
company-internal version of the package.  As far as taking over is
concerned, the process has gone over my fuss-making quota.

The failure modes you've given involve local symlink alterations while
failure modes I've pointed out involve plain CSW package updates.  If
my new package and the explanation I've given isn't enough, it's too
bad.  I'm tired of debating the topic in private.