[csw-maintainers] V8+ binaries produced by gcc on build10s

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 1 11:15:32 CEST 2009

I have a relatively straightforward build:

https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/urxvt/trunk/Makefile

After building the package on build10s, I see this:

urxvt:          ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC32PLUS Version 1,
  V8+ Required, dynamically linked, stripped
urxvtc:         ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC32PLUS Version 1,
  V8+ Required, dynamically linked, stripped
urxvtd:         ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC32PLUS Version 1,
  V8+ Required, dynamically linked, stripped

I've added  -mno-v8plus to the compiler flags. gmake modenv says:

        CFLAGS = -O2 -pipe -mcpu=v8 -mno-v8plus -I/opt/csw/include
      CXXFLAGS = -O2 -pipe -mcpu=v8 -mno-v8plus -I/opt/csw/include

Why is gcc still producing V8+ binaries? Is there a way to influence it?