[csw-maintainers] Handling of devel package splits

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 6 15:04:39 CEST 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>> I would like to proceed on the splitting of devel packages as a package
>> of mine is pending release whether the decision on this topic.
>>
>> The current poll is
>> - 5 maintainers for "split off devel"
>> - 1 maintainer for "decide on case-by-case"
>>
>> Does anyone feel that there is need for more discussion?
>>
>> Has anyone (especially those who have voted) understood that the split
>> will then be mandatory for package releases?
>
> Do we have a written out wording for what is subject to the _devel split
> then?
>
>> Sebastian, would you be willing to unify the bugs and introduce
>> the "bugs-package-link" you suggested once we have clarified this
>> issue?
>
>  http://bugs.opencsw.org/<pkgname>

I think the domain bugs.opencsw.org is too nice to use up its
top-level namespace! Can we have use like bugs.opencsw.org/p/<pkgname>
instead? Otherwise, we could have an explicitly shortcut domain, say,
b.opencsw.org for the purpose of deploying shortcuts:
b.opencsw.org/<pkgname>, so if anybody had "search opencsw.org" in
their resolv.conf, they could use http://b/<pkgname> (apart from the
really useful Firefox keyword shortcuts).