[csw-maintainers] Draft of the new release process

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 6 15:47:58 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have finally written down the updated release process we
> talked about in Oslo:
>  <http://wiki.opencsw.org/automated-release-process>
> It is mainly about the different uses of the experimental / testing
> catalogs and automated builds.

Yey!

The mentioned script, cswrepo -- is it something that's planned or
already implemented?

> Trygve: I couldn't figure out what we intended with csw-build and
> csw-release. As you have proposed that it would be nice if you could
> add that to the Wiki. I have added pictures of the slides to refresh
> your memory ;-)

IIRC, There was talk about two scripts. One for the maintainers,
something which would copy the ready packages into an appropriate
place (bender:/home/newpkgs or equivalent) and format e-mails to the
release manager. The one for the release manager would help the
release manager do his thing, whatever that is. Trygve was interested
in what steps are taken when a package is being released, in terms of
updating information in various places (databases, files, etc).