[csw-maintainers] Submitting a package to the release manager

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 8 16:16:22 CEST 2009

I'm writing a script to automate bits of the release process from the
package maintainer side, and I'd like to learn more about how people
do things currently, so I can write something that fits reasonably
well with the current practices.

When a maintainer decides to release a package, they need to remove
the package from testing/ and copy it to newpkgs/ on bender. However,
the maintainer needs to retain a copy of the package for future
reference. I have a directory ~/to-release, in which I keep the
packages I intend to send to the release maintainer. I also have
~/to-release/released where I keep copies of the packages that have
been released. Do other people do it similarly? Where do you store the
copies of packages being currently in the release process?