[csw-maintainers] Submitting a package to the release manager

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 8 17:08:23 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 3:46 PM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> I leave them in testing/. An automated tool could fingerprint the pkgs
>> and remove it automatically from testing if there has been a package with
>> the same fingerprint released.
>
> +1
>
> It's nice to be able to easily get the packages during the package
> release cycle.

I thought the same way, but there was a thread on this list (I
couldn't find it in the archives) in which somebody said that the
package file should be removed from testing when it's being send to
the release manager. Intuitively, I would think that it's best if the
files stays in testing/ until it's released, to avoid a gap in the
file availability.