[csw-maintainers] GAR Major Change: Platform feature now activated

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Oct 11 14:00:02 CEST 2009

Hi Ihsan,

Am 11.10.2009 um 13:22 schrieb Ihsan Dogan:
> Am 9.10.2009 14:05 Uhr, Dagobert Michelsen schrieb:
>
>> Let me know if you encounter anything unusual or feel the docs
>> need some clarification :-)
>
> I have two packages, ldns and unbound, which are build with gcc on
> Solaris 8, while the Solaris 10 version is built with Studio 12.
>
> Does this change has any influence to this very specific case?

Yes! Please add
   PACKAGING_PLATFORMS = solaris8-sparc solaris8-i386 solaris10-sparc
solaris10-i386
to you Makefile. This tells GAR about all platforms you want packages
built on.
It may needs additional tweaking. Have you committed all your local
changes?
Than I'd love to take a look and allow
   gmake platforms
to automatically build packages for all 4 platforms without
intervention.