[csw-maintainers] GAR: building a package from loose files, with checksumming

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Oct 12 17:23:07 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 6:10 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> I was trying to create a GAR build which would be done from loose
> files, with checksumming.
>  [....]
>
> Suppose I'd like to create a GAR package from such files. I'd like to
> calculate a checksum of each single file.

eeeesh.. why would you want to do this with the gar "build" framework?

The easiest way to do this otherwise, (if you already know the
locations), is to pre-generate a prototype file, and then use
createpkg.

Or even if you want to do it "dynamically"...
  (echo "i pkginfo" ; [output file list] | pkgproto) >prototype
  createpkg -r /

  (or if appropriate, createpkg -b /opt/csw  for relocatable pkg)

Apologies if I dont get the syntax EXACTLY right; the above is typed
from memory without testing. but it shoudl be pretty much what is
needed.