[csw-maintainers] Proposal for name of our GAR version

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 13 22:37:53 CEST 2009

Dagobert Michelsen wrote on 07.10.2009 14:36:
> I did some thinking about a name for our version of the GAR build
> system and ended up with "GARISOL". This is an anagram of girasol,
> which is italian for sunflower showing the affinity both to GAR
> and Solaris without being an actual word - this makes searching for
> it and reserving names easier.
>
> Feedback especially welcome!

What i noticed during summer camp is that short names are handy when it
comes to something that you talk about very often. OpenCSW was almost
too long to pronounce in every second sentence.

"GAR" equals to one syllable, "GA-RI-SOL" to three of them.

Sorry, no alternative option from my side for now.

Sebastian