[csw-maintainers] stable release?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Oct 15 00:57:34 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Also, we should ask ourselves what's the most important thing for the
> users? Is it really stability which we hardly can guarantee or is it
> just a frozen state?

Different users, have different scales of importance.
To some users, it is important. Ben, specifically, knows of a set of
users to whom it is very important.

> We're a small organization and to put all the work James did onto
> someone else, even if shared by a few, is not time well spent in my
> opinion. We should rethink this, not just start it up again. It died
> for a reason.

The only "reason" it died, is that James got tired of doing the work.
Not that it isnt important to do in the first place.

but to address what you also wrote: it should be possible to also
allow continued release to current, during the [stable release freeze
phase].
It's just a matter of implementation choices.
In the last round or two, we were actually allowing it.