[csw-maintainers] submitpkg in cswutils-1.14.5

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Oct 19 17:33:08 CEST 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> I wrote a utility to automate the step of submitting a package to the
> release maintainer. It takes a comma-separated list of package names,
> copies the packages from the testing directory to newpkgs and formats
> an e-mail with the list of package files.
>
> Usage: submitpkg [options]

Excellent!!  we've needed this for a long time. When it's debugged
some, it should go in cswutils. Thanks for writing this.

> Any comments, thoughts or flames?

did it HAVE to be written in python? :-(
even perl would be better. Something as basic as this, would be nice
to use without having to potentially download and install a whole new
language package.