[csw-maintainers] pysvn and the other pysvn

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Oct 20 22:02:50 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>
>> An idea for the change... from the perspective of the operating
>> system, it won't be really a rename, there is still going to be a
>> CSWpysvn package, only with a different content.
>

> you say "only", but that is what makes it WORSE! :-/

Not necessarily. We ship library packages with multiple libraries in
them. We potentially could ship both subversion-core and pysvn
libraries in the same package. No renaming, but merging
python-subversion libraries. It's a problem equivalent to the shared
library problem, which is solved already.

> I have said the order and timeline of what I think is the best path to take.
> That still stands.

Your timeline means that submitpkg won't be able to generate
changelists for $time_to_build_new_subversion_packages + one month.
I'd like to operate quicker than that. Any problems with this
approach?