[csw-maintainers] Anyone wants to update wxWidgets?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Oct 21 18:27:37 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Undefined                       first referenced
>  symbol                             in file
> socket                              conftest.o  (symbol belongs to implicit dependency /lib/libsocket.so.1)
> XSolarisIASetProcessInfo            /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so.4

I think some of the error output got mangled somehow.

THIS error output seems pretty clear, that you are missing a -lsocket.

USUALLY, configs/makefiles have some clause for [detect if lsocket is needed]
So doing a grep for "lsocket" in assorted configure, etc shoudl help.

> Is there some sort of LD_DEBUG way to determine what is happening
> here? Which lib pulls in /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so.4 (i can't see
> it mentioned on the command line)

LD_DEBUG=files  is usually what I use.