[csw-maintainers] ganglia unofficial 3.1.3 RC in testing

Gerard Henry ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr
Thu Oct 22 16:33:19 CEST 2009

Daniel Pocock wrote:

> I haven't personally tested in zones, I know someone else who has tested
> it and found it doesn't work, the agent needs to be tweaked a little bit

TRying to install all things in a non global zone on a sparc machine:
Installing class <cswinitsmf> ...
Creating service script in /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmond ...
ln: cannot create /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmond: No such file or
directory
chmod: WARNING: can't access /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmond
chown: /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmond: No such file or directory
Creating manifest ...
egrep: can't open /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmond
egrep: can't open /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmond
Configuring service in SMF ...
CSWgangliaagent is using Service Management Facility. The FMRI is
svc:/network/cswgmond:default
Enabling svc:/network/cswgmond ...
ERROR: attribute verification of </var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmond>
failed
     pathname does not exist
     unable to create symbolic link to </etc/opt/csw/init.d/cswgmond>
[ verifying class <cswinitsmf> ]

Installation of <CSWgangliaagent> was successful.

> Have you modified the configuration files, or are you using the
> configuration files I provide?

the files are slihty modified, just the name of the machnie

> What is the data_source line in gmetad.conf?

data_source "latp" 147.94.64.119  147.94.64.10

> Do any of the Ganglia pages work?

yes, all the pages except the graphics

>> displays the following message:
>> The image
>> "http://www2/ganglia/graph.php?g=load_report&z=large&c=latp&m=load_one&r=day&s=descending&hc=4&mc=2&st=1256191348"
>> cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
>
> Try and wget that URL to a file, and look at what is in the file - maybe
> PHP is spitting out error messages instead of a PNG file
>

>> I don't understand what's happen, because with my old releases of
>> ganglia, i never encountered these problems, only problems with
>> stability.
>> As i said previously, i'm not using apache from CSW, but apache2
>> bundled with the OS (imho, it's anot a good idea to install CSWapache2
>> when apache is delivered with the OS). So the only thing i did to
>> configure the ganglia web is:
>> - cd /etc/apache2/2.2/conf.d/
>> - ln -s /opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-ganglia.conf
>> - svcadm disable cswapache2; svcadm restart apache22
>
> That should probably work, but do make sure your apache2 has PHP support

so to be sure, i re-install ganglia-web on another machine, a sparc, and
into a non global zone, same proble as above:
Installing class <cswinitsmf> ...
Creating service script in /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmetad ...
ln: cannot create /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmetad: No such file or
directory
chmod: WARNING: can't access /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmetad
chown: /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmetad: No such file or directory
Creating manifest ...
egrep: can't open /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmetad
egrep: can't open /var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmetad
Configuring service in SMF ...
CSWgangliagmetad is using Service Management Facility. The FMRI is
svc:/network/cswgmetad:default
Enabling svc:/network/cswgmetad ...
ERROR: attribute verification of </var/opt/csw/svc/method/svc-cswgmetad>
failed
     pathname does not exist
     unable to create symbolic link to </etc/opt/csw/init.d/cswgmetad>
[ verifying class <cswinitsmf> ]

Installation of <CSWgangliagmetad> was successful.

gerard