[csw-maintainers] sendmail and dbus packages

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Sep 3 18:33:15 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 12:32 AM, Dagobert Michelsen<dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> > I propose to put the old shared libs back in to bdb4x until the
> dependencies are gone and then remove them. There is really no point
> in moving the shared libs in bdb4 and make bdb4x stubs. The CSW standard
> doesn't apply here as we already have multiple version packages.

Well, there is ONE reason to do it "the standard way":
new packages, tend to follow the pattern of older packages.
If we dont do it "the right  way" now, then 6-12 months down the road
when it's time for someone (who may not be you or mike) to do an
update, they might just follow along in the same scheme.
that would be bad.