[csw-maintainers] linking against rrdtool fails

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Thu Sep 3 18:54:04 CEST 2009

Philip Brown wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Peter Bonivart<bonivart at opencsw.org> wrote:
>
>> Use the -x option to exclude packages:
>> # pkgutil -t http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/testing -i CSWlibcairo
>> -x CSWzlib -x CSWiconv -x CSWftype2
>>

> or perhaps just download it, and pkgadd it. For example
>
> pkg-get -s http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/testing -d libcairo
> and then gunzip and pkgadd the result.
> if you dont want to just go to the webpage and click on it with your
> mouse  to download :)

Yes, after looking at the pkgutil output, I decided to just download the
package and use pkgadd, it didn't complain.  The main reason I posted
those other comments in that the testing page suggests using pkgutil,
but that obviously led to a broken system for me.

When I finally got the new libcairo, Ganglia gmetad server built quite
happily.  I'm now fine-tuning the Makefile for the full Ganglia suite,
it will probably be available tomorrow.