[csw-maintainers] Handling of bug reports

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Fri Sep 4 10:09:37 CEST 2009

Hi Rupert,

(cc'ing maintainers@ to enhance consistent handling of bugreports)
first thanks a lot for updating the Trac package. However, I received
some status changes for bugs which were handled a bit uncustomary :-)
It looks like you added your fix to the "Additional Information" field,
which is quite confusing as it is meant to be used be the bug reporter.
For the sake of consistency it would be nice if you could do the
following steps:

1. Assign the bug to yourself
2. Change the status to Feedback/Acknowledged/Confirmed
3. Fix the bug and release a package to testing/
4. If package is good set status to Resolved including the package
version
   (e. g. "Fixed in 2.2.6,REV=2009.09.03_rev=a released to testing/")
5. Deliver the package to newpkgs/
6. Set status to Closed when the package hit the mirrors

As the updated package has already been released it would be great if
you
could review the bug reports and do (1) and (6) with the text of (4)
in it.

For general discussion: For the sake of simplicity I guess (4) could
be ommitted. Step (2) is necessary to show someone is working on it,
obivously you need (3) and a final close with (6) and the exact version
for reference.

Thanks and best regards