[csw-maintainers] testing a release candidate from upstream

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Sep 6 22:29:21 CEST 2009

Hi Gary,

Am 06.09.2009 um 02:18 schrieb Gary Law:
> I've recently done this with the puppet 0.25 RC build. As it violates
> OpenCSW rules for release I built it, tested it, and made it available
> not through OpenCSW (advertised on the puppet dev list). I assumed RC
> software violates the ''no betas'' rule.

For release to current/: yes.

> Perhaps it would be OK to
> release this just to ''testing'' but I've not seen this done before
> and so didn't blaze a trail.

Absolutely, this is what testing/ is for. Just put in there what you
want to have tested. No need to transfer the packages to other sites.
Upstream is one of the things I consider very important and we are
offering accounts on the build farm to upstream maintainers not
making packages, btw.