[csw-maintainers] Bug resolving processess

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 8 23:45:38 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 11:19 PM, Sebastian Kayser<skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Point 9 looks like it could be automated. If there was a machine
>> readable information about which version fixes the issue, a script
>> could test mirrors for this version and mail the maintainer or even
>> close the bug automatically.
>
> Or the maintainer could submit that information (think "Closes #XXXX")
> along with the new package in a machine readable format. The release
> manager could then hook this into the release process and have it close
> the bug automatically on package release.

I'm all for automation but in this case it seems it saves very little
time and effort. Compared to the process of fixing the bug, testing
the solution, releasing a new package a couple of clicks is nothing.

The only real benefit I see is that we don't forget to close bugs but
we already get weekly reminders so...

--
/peter