[csw-maintainers] Detection of libstdc++ in pkgcheck

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Sep 21 17:24:11 CEST 2009

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 5:04 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that pkgcheck warns me about a missing dependency to CSWgcc3g++
> because of the library libstdc++.so.6.
>[...]
> Shouldn't /opt/csw/gcc3/lib/libstdc++.so.6 belong to CSWgcc4g++rt instead of
> CSWgcc3g++?

yes. this is a long time known bug.

If you have a suggested FIX for this bug, please feel free to contribute :-)
however, I will say ahead of time, that you should consider the
overall behaviour of how checkpkg works. your fix should not take away
from functionality.

(for example, it works as non-root user. One proposal to "fix" it,
required running as root. So, I rejected that change)