[csw-maintainers] GAR classes list variable name

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 22 19:55:20 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Mcaiej,
>
> Am 22.09.2009 um 18:38 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski:
>>>
>>> 2) Consistent naming: GAR has a suffix way of declaring things right now
>>> (PKGFILES_, CATALOGNAME_, ...), which i think we should be consistent
>>> with when it comes to new features.
>>
>> The reason why I wrote USERGROUP_mytweaks_USER instead of
>> USERGROUP_USER_mytweaks is because the latter suggests that there's
>> "the" user for USERGROUP. Perhaps it's just me. I don't insist,
>> anyway, I just think it's more intuitive, because it follows the logic
>> of getting from the general to the specific: first, I know I'm going
>> to do something with users and groups; second, I know I'm going to
>> have a name for a specific tweak I'm doing; and third, I know what
>> specifics is my tweak going to have.
>
> Right, but OTOH we currently have two types of variables with
> expansions in it: <var>_<expansion> for most of them and
> <var>_<modvar1>-<val1>-<modvar2>-<val2>-... for modulations.
> Introducing <expansion> in the middle makes it clearer in
> one thing and more irregular in another thing. I would
> prefer regularity over intuitivity.

It would fit well with a German stereotype. ;-)

Okay, so keeping it regular and subintuitive, we'd have:

PROTOTYPE_MODIFIERS = mytweaks
PROTOTYPE_FILES_mytweaks = $(bindir)/.*\.conf
PROTOTYPE_PERMS_mytweaks = 0644
PROTOTYPE_CLASS_mytweaks = cswconffile
PROTOTYPE_USER_mytweaks = somebody
PROTOTYPE_GROUP_mytweaks = somegroup

I'm fine with the above.

By the way, I'm having this problem:

A line in the Makefile
SAMPLECONF = $(sysconfdir)/cups/cupsd\.conf\.CSW

The problem: The file in the prototype doesn't have the correct class:
$ ggrep conf\\.CSW work/build-global/*prototype
work/build-global/CSWcupsd.prototype:f none
/etc/opt/csw/cups/cupsd.conf.CSW 0644 root bin
work/build-global/prototype:f none /etc/opt/csw/cups/cupsd.conf.CSW
0644 root bin

How to debug it?