[csw-maintainers] ganglia unofficial 3.1.3 RC in testing

Daniel Pocock daniel at opencsw.org
Wed Sep 23 13:31:03 CEST 2009

dam at opencsw.org wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
>> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:

>>> I could if I would install the packages manually. But as we have the
>>> commit policy "commit early, commit often" there really is no need to
>>> have any package in testing with UNCOMMITTED in it as it only makes
>>> things harder. Additionally, if I want to look into your recipe I can't
>>> do that right now as you haven't committed everything.
>> Ok, I have now committed them on a branch and put them in testing again
>> - please let me know which host you put the web package on so I can check
>> it
>
> Great. However, I have some trouble activating it due to the
> vhost-configuration of buildfarm.opencsw.org. I'll have a deeper look
> later on...

Even without running the web interface, you can still install the
ganglia_agent package on all the machines you want to watch, and test it
with this command:

nc localhost 8649 | grep ^.[CH]

The output should be a list of those hosts sending metrics on the same
multicast group as the agent on localhost.