[csw-maintainers] Problem compiling Python files

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Sep 25 19:05:47 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski's message of Fri Sep 25 09:43:34 -0400 2009:
> > To trigger this bug then, you'd need to update a package that uses
> > cswpycompile and any another python package regardless of cswpycompile
> > use?
>
> Yes. In other words, to reproduce:
>
> echo '"' > /opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/broken.py
> pkgutil -i py_fpconst | less

Ok, looking at the script, this is exactly what happens.  It would
only get tripped when there is a package supplying bad files though,
which is why it didn't show up until now.

I seem to recall Mike saying that executing the compilations per-file
instead of as a batch like this was too slow.

Mike, can you corroborate with my memory on this?

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.