[csw-maintainers] pkgutil version updates on the mirror roots? Make pkgutil package ARCH=all?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 29 14:48:26 CEST 2009

Excerpts from Dagobert Michelsen's message of Tue Sep 29 05:36:25 -0400 2009:
> I am in favor of making an exception here for ARCHALL too. If it helps
> making the user experience easier wgets should be included, for pkg-get
> and pkgutil.

Things have changed since the last discussion too.  Solaris 8 is best
effort only now.  Does 9 include LWP::FTP (or whatever) such that wget
isn't required as part of the bootstrapping process?

I'm not saying that pkgutil should abandon solaris 8, but it may at
least be an option.

Given the above, I was and still am in favour of the exception in this
case.

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.