[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] ClamAV 0.96 on Solaris9/10 - Intel

Roger Håkansson hson at opencsw.org
Fri Apr 2 00:21:44 CEST 2010

On 2010-04-01 20:30, Philip Brown wrote:
> To talk like this, is to insult our customers' choices. Not a good
> thing at the best of times, but when the choice in this particular
> case is a perfectly valid one, especially makes us look bad.

Sharing /opt between OS releases can never be considered a valid
configuration and we should not try to support such a configuration either.
Any "customer" choosing to try such setup, do it at their own risk.

Having said that, we should try to support a "one NFS share per OS
release" configuration which is common.
(during my 20 years of working with SunOS 4/5, I've seen many
configurations, netboot with filesystems on local disk, netboot with
everything NFS-mounted, NFS-shared /usr... But I have never seen anyone
try a NFS-for-all setup, there have always been different shares for
different OS releases)