[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] ClamAV 0.96 on Solaris9/10 - Intel

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Mon Apr 5 03:45:41 CEST 2010

Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Thu Apr 01 14:30:24 -0400 2010:

> That being said, I would request that we, as a group, and you
> particularly as a member of our board, refrain from making further
> remarks of this type?

And what is a valid forum for discussing our past decisions in order
to (possibly) re-examine them?  It's perfectly legitimate, imo, to
discuss things like this on the maintainers list...if not here then
where?  Private email among a cabal of select individuals?[1][2]

> To talk like this, is to insult our customers' choices. Not a good
> thing at the best of times, but when the choice in this particular
> case is a perfectly valid one, especially makes us look bad.

It was _clearly_ not Dago's intent to insult anyone with his remarks.
Anyone that would take offense at the comment is someone that's easily
offended in general...

Thanks
-Ben

[1] No, I'm not being serious here, just pointing out that this list
    really is our only valid place for the discussion to happen.
[2] I'm also in no way proposing a private mailing list here.  Being
    open is a good thing.