[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] ClamAV 0.96 on Solaris9/10 - Intel

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Mon Apr 5 20:52:00 CEST 2010

Hi Phil,

Am 01.04.2010 um 20:30 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> +1 from me. But it breaks the long-hated NFS-for-all.
>
> Okay, we know - you dont like this method.
> That being said, I would request that we, as a group, and you
> particularly as a member of our board, refrain from making further
> remarks of this type?
>
> Okay, you dont like it. But there are still quite a few places that
> share out software via NFS.
> Or other methods that functional for packaging purposes, effectively
> similar to it.
> (eg: rsync)
>
> To talk like this, is to insult our customers' choices. Not a good
> thing at the best of times, but when the choice in this particular
> case is a perfectly valid one, especially makes us look bad.

Then I would like to request two things:

1. Make clear what we actually support and how we do that.
NFS from Solaris 9 to Solaris 10? Only from Solaris 10 to
Solaris 10? How are configuration files are handled?
RC-Scripts? SMF? etc.

2. At least one maintainer who actually drives things in terms
of NFS-sharing-compliance. I am willing to do some courtesy
work, but this goes beyond my line. If the big shops want this
feature they can provide someone who works on it.