[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] ClamAV 0.96 on Solaris9/10 - Intel

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Mon Apr 5 22:11:22 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 11:52 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Phil,

*wave*

> Then I would like to request two things:
>
> 1. Make clear what we actually support and how we do that.
> NFS from Solaris 9 to Solaris 10? Only from Solaris 10 to
> Solaris 10? How are configuration files are handled?
> RC-Scripts? SMF? etc.

A very sensible request. Thank you for taking things forward constructively :)
I agree that we should probably document this sort of thing more. And
I am willing to take this "action item" and implement it myself.

Hopefully, I will have some time tonight to do it, or wednesday worst case.

> 2. At least one maintainer who actually drives things in terms
> of NFS-sharing-compliance. I am willing to do some courtesy
> work, but this goes beyond my line. If the big shops want this
> feature they can provide someone who works on it.

It would appear that I am probably the point person on this sort  of
thing. But I welcome help from other maintainers as well. Or, even
other folks.
As Secretary, perhaps you might solicit a request for interested
parties on the users' list, Dago?
For people who currently deploy in "shared read-only /opt" in some
capacity, and are interested in making csw packages better in that
area?

You could mention that this might not actually require maintaining a
package, but be more of a tech resource, and "focus group", if you
will.