[csw-maintainers] Upgrade problems??

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 6 11:39:43 CEST 2010

Hi James,

Am 06.04.2010 um 10:58 schrieb James Lee:
> On 05/04/10, 20:25:27, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote
> regarding
> Re: [csw-maintainers] Upgrade problems??:
>
>> Am 05.04.2010 um 04:05 schrieb Jeffery Small:
>>> Stuff like this makes the entire CSW tree unpredictable.  You
>>> can't have
>>> one package simply removing another!  And I consider xpdf to be a
>>> very
>>> valuable program.  It's 5 times faster than Adobe Reader.
>
>> Thank you for reporting this. I am sure we find a viable solution for
>> your problem soon. A more elaborated testing staga has been suggested
>> on the list but unfortunately hasn't been implemented yet.
>
> http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack/view.php?id=4339
>
> and I'll add I feel insulted.

Why is that? You found the problem, but as it looks the "fix" from
Roger was not appropriate. As we don't have release stages between
current and stable the updated poppler hit users from current/
instead of something before that. IMHO it would be good to have
a release stage before current which gets promoted to current
if there are no more known issues.